Saturday, January 25, 2014

Colorful winter

Hello everyone,

Winter may be full on, but our outfits need not reflect the grey weather. The perfect way to confront the lack of sunshine is to be as colorful as possible (within tasteful limits, of course).
In order to elevate my mood, I decided to wear my favorite bubble skirt and to accessorize it with some cheerful items that I bought from my recent trip to London. A fellow blogger wrote that opting for too bold colors could render you seem toŠ¾ eager for spring. This made me reconsider my outfit but at the end of the day I decided to go for it.  





By the way, I am so thankful for tights! They may not have a great intrinsic value, but they do allow us to wear our favorite summer garments during the winter! Personally, I would hate to wait months in order to wear my favorite skirts and dresses.









My outfit: 
skirt - Ted Baker
leather jacket - Karl
tights and hat- Accessorize
booties - Mcq Alexander Mcqueen
top - Celine B
watch - Omega
bag - Mulberry

x

2 comments:

  1. i think you added in color perrrfectly! The pops of red add brightness, but you balanced it out so well with neutrals. You look amazing! And when I discovered fleece lined tights my world changed- they're even warmer than *pants*!

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling, I have to say, I was eagerly anticipating your feedback! Did you notice the secret link to your blog? When I read your post on colors I was on the fence about ever wearing this skirt again in the winter, but it's too pretty to sit in a closet for a whole season. And really, tights ARE warmer than pants :) x

    ReplyDelete