Friday, November 22, 2013

The Island of Zeus

I've been missing summer 2013 ever since the temperatures dropped and the open-air parties ended. Therefore my first post at this new blog is the logical follow up. This will be a tribute to summertime. 
Let me introduce you to Crete - the magical island of Zeus. I constantly dream about exotic holidays far far away and I was really surprised to find this piece of paradise so close to home. If you have the possibility, go there! Go for the friendliest people you'll ever meet, for the best that the Greek cuisine has to offer, and for some of the best beaches in the world (or at least in the Mediterranean). 
My friends and I, we often find ourselves resentful of the modern material society. Don't get me wrong, I love the big city. I love the dynamism, the ever-present sense of urgency. I love to see people reading their books while riding the escalator at Waterloo station. However I loved the simplicity of Crete. It seems that time stands still at this place. Somehow the past and the present and intertwined, resulting in a harmonious living history. You may not get feeling now, obviously, I am not a very good writer. However, once you are there, sipping your mojito at one of the coastal cafes under the old Venetian fortress in Rethymnon, looking at the "pirate ship" that takes another group of tourists to see the Cretan sunset, breathing in the incredible atmosphere and rejecting reality - then you'll totally get it. 










2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you liked my homeland, Crete is unique and people so friendly!
    Kristina recently posted.. Nars Orgasm Review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I do love Crete and I hope that I'll be spending the entire summer 2014 there

    ReplyDelete